Sunday, August 17, 2014

The BEST Money Saving Tip for Back To School Shopping!

Back to school shopping for three kids used to mean a big dent in my wallet!  We used to walk in the store with our lists of what we must have and walk out with bags full of the necessities PLUS those impulse-shopping items.  Just thinking about walking into the store gets me so angry knowing that stores target our kids by putting tempting (and of course expensive) items like angry birds flash drives at the checkout.

So, this year I took a stand for my sanity and my budget!  I sat down in front of my computer and had each
of my three kids sit with me one at a time.  We started at Shop.com, a shopping portal that offers cashback for purchases made at online partner stores, like Staples, Office Depot & Target.  I picked the store with the best cashback rewards, which happened to be Staples (4% cashback) and together we filled up our online shopping cart with ONLY the items on our list.

Not only was I able to take advantage of the same deals available "in store" (a savings of about $12.00) but I also earned $4.87 cash back and my entire order will be shipped FREE arriving at my door in one business day.  But even better than saving money, was saving my sanity...I didn't have to leave the comfort of my kitchen to fight for a parking space or stand on long lines.  It was a quick, easy and stress free experience.

Now that's a great way to start off the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment