Saturday, January 31, 2015

If We Don't Buy It....They Won't Make It!

I will change the food on the shelf at the store by not supporting/buying their products anymore.  Why do you think Yoplait took the aspartame out of their light yogurt?  Because sales were down!  If we don't buy it, they won't make it.

We have the power to drive prices of healthy foods down by refusing to purchase junk food.

I know eating healthier is often equated with costing more money, but if you shop smart it will cost less in the long run...after all, how much money is your health worth?  Your health after all, is what you are paying when eating cheaper, unhealthy foods.

I am by no means a health food junkie or "health nut".  I am an average American sick of feeling sick because of the foods I eat.  I am choosing to educate myself to make better choices.  Does that mean I will never eat an Oreo again, probably not, but at least I will know what I am eating and making that choice for myself.

Here are a couple of things I found eye-opening in my journey to educate myself about what is really in the foods I used to buy blindly.

http://www.gmofreeusa.org/food-testing/kelloggs/kelloggs-froot-loops/


No comments:

Post a Comment